Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year sneak peek

New Year brings us a wonderful gift: OTTOBRE kids spring issue in SEVEN language editions - in our native languages Finnish and Swedish, in English, German and Dutch and our brand new editions in French and Russian! 

Our official release date is January 14. and the magazines are soon on the way to our readers all over the world. Please note that French and Russian editions will be published a couple of weeks later, in the end of January.

Stay tuned, we'll be back soon!

For a closer look, go to our websites.  And to subscribe or order single issue, go to our shop.

Our themes are following:


TRAVELLING AROUND THE WORLD

We meet children from all over the world and respond to a number of reader requests for patterns, including underwear, jackets, coats, dresses, overalls and pants. A lovely chef’s outfit and a hooded sweat jacket for a little bat man. Sizes 92-170 cm










INTO THE WILD

Baby basics get a revamped jazzy look in an exciting adventure that features tigers and dinosaurs. Sizes 56-92 cm



YOUNG ENERGY

The schoolchildren’s spring collection is bright, sporty and laid-back and includes hooded sweat jackets, corduroy pants, cargo pants, a T-shirt, a tunic and jersey pants. Sizes 128-170 cm




16 comments:

Strickilotti said...

How I LOVE this issue!!! I`m really looking forward to it.

I didn`t buy the last issue - there was nothing new for me. But this one is great!

Melinda said...

LOVE the girls trench with the frill. Looks like it will be a great issue.

Manda said...

Kiva että tästä lehdestä löytyy värikkäitä, rentoja ja mukavia vaatteita myös kouluikäisille pojille!

Leah @ L3Designs said...

Love the trench, but more designs in the larger sizes for girls and boys would be great...

Leah @ L3Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SaraJ said...

I cant wait to make the chefs hat!!!

Anonymous said...

Posti toi iloisia uutisia eilen ja sain lehden ;) Sivulla 52 oli kuva vauvan kypärälakin tyylisestä myssystä ja oli viittaus, että kaavat ja ohjeet löytyy nettisivuiltanne. En vaan muka niitä löydä enkä ole koskaan aikaisemminkaan mitään löytänyt. Voisitteko laittaa tänne linkin tai sit kertoa tarkemmin miten tällainen "käsikin" ne löytäs ;) Kiitos!

Anne L said...

Hi Tuula and others,

Where do you find the ribbing used on no. 27, 32, 36 and 39? I can't find it anywhere.

KR Anne

Anonymous said...

Nice issue but I do agree with one thing: where are the designs for the older boys and girls? They are also at bit boring....I´m sorry to say that, but that´s what my sons say...and in a way I agree. It´s just ordinary trousers...

However, I have a younger daughter too, so I can still make lots of things! But- I have been searching the world, it feels like that!, for att good "boxer"pattern- panties for girls, but not the ordinary bikini-one, but as a boxer, with shorter legs than the boys and with sideseams only! My daughter hate the usual panties, they don´t fit her so good. And it would be wonderful if I could use all those scrap-parts of cloth to boxer-panties!

Anonymous said...

Happy new year! I am reader of Ottobre and I like this.Anyway I have a question.Do you have any plane the magazine for Japanese-speaker? Although I am buying English version,when I wanted to know the detail of how to sew,I have to do translation.If you have plan like this,I and we will be happy very much.Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I am dissappointed with this issue. The only nice thing is the trenchcoat. A lot of the same things we have seen before in older issues.

Anonymous said...

Hello together,

although I had much fun, looking at the cute designs from this issue, I have been a bit dissapointed, too.

I really miss the cool stuff for older kids.
It would make me really happy, to see more patterns for children at the school-age.

Greetings, Natalie

lagimaya said...

Merci beaucoup pour cette version française ! j'en suis ravie ! je peux enfin comprendre la totalité des instructions ! c'est superbe ! merci

Megbud said...

I really like this issue. My favourite is the girls tunic type top on the Japan page.

Sometimes you do accessory / bag type patterns... maybe you could do a school pencil case for us? Maybe there are some other school themed things as well... like a library bag... or a swimming bag.

Love your work...

Meg
NZ

Megbud said...

Love this issue.

Could you consider doing some school themed accessories? Like a pencil case, library bag, swimming bag?

Regard
Meg

My One and Only said...

What a beautiful issue!
I was just going to share a simple T-shirt dress I made for my daughter based on your pattern. Thank you!
http://irishagold.blogspot.com/2013/02/valentines-dress-and-gifts.html